BeSo chic. BeSo organic. BeSo YOU. ...thoughts on design, fresh interiors + style from a photo stylist.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

white pumpkins + feathers

Just got back from High Point, designing furniture showrooms in time for Fall Market {#HPMKT}.  Now I'm ready to style some of my own finds + creations. Here are a few of my recent instagram images to let you know what's been on my styling-obsessed mind...


fall mantel

...had to get a collection of these sweet white pumpkins when I spied them at the local farmer's market.

fall mantel


Together with my handmade sunprints (see here for my diy how-to.) they make-up my fall mantel. Of course, candles go with everything...



...and then there's my recent obsession...with FEATHERS!...




...these are my instagram snaps of feathers in the morning light and feather on snakeskin (box by Nate Berkus for Target)...




I have been pinning images, like these...




...and getting inspired to do something creative with feathers.  As often happens, I came across a blogger who had already done what I had been thinking of, and oh so well (see here for her how-to for framing feathers as art)...


{image via city farmhouse}

...and lastly, please visit the youngamerica blog for my latest diy: bohemian-inspired trays with mod podge and world market papers (I love how the trays turned out. let me know what you think)...




Hope you are having a good October. Fall is going fast...so seize the warm sunny moments and the chances for fireside chats with close friends. 


xoxo


patti

3 comments:

  1. The tray is gorgeous! Such a fun idea and even for xmas presents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! ...must make more. :) ...Hope you are well.

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I've been really into feathers lately too but can't decide what to do with 'em! Love the framed feathers-as-art!
    Kelly @ View Along the Way

    ReplyDelete